Saturday, June 06, 2009

Pyramid in Oaxaca- Day 11

This morning we decided we just had to check at least one tourist sight out before the event tonight... so we chose the biggest pyramid! :)

It overlooks the city of Oaxaca below...



Dwight really loves these old sights. I like 'em too... but it is fun to see Dwight running around climbing everything in sight! Dwight and I bought some cheap hats because we keep getting sunburned visiting these pyramids! As far as telling the story of the pyramid, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves...










That is me waving to Dwight across the large plaza. :)










There are 7 more sights like this in the state of Oaxaca alone... but we dont have time to see anymore. Maybe next time. For now, it was important to head back to the hotel and get some rest before the event tonight. Hopefully all goes well!
Tomorrow morning we load up and head north... we have two days to make some serious tracks... and it will be the 'autopista' all the way... this time we wont mind paying the toles. The mountain pass and the 18 hours on the road have prepped us to look forward to paying for the big highway! ha ha!
So Sunday and Monday we will be driving to Guadalajara where we have an event on Tuesday. After the event I hope to check out the worlds largest mall. :) Dont you think I should get a pair of shoes there???

No comments: